Historical information

Stone of which wall is constructed is believed to have been used in the construction of Jamieson's Buninyong Inn, built for Margaret Jamieson starting about 1853. She owned the earlier Buninyong Inn which impinged on they surveyed Learmonth St. and was demolished. Margaret died in 1854 before the building was completed by her son, who built the third Buninyong Inn on the corner of Learmonth and Warrenheip. The two story hotel was tenented for a while, then bought by Dr. Sparling who demolished it.

Physical description

Colour photo, Individual Sandstone block, awaiting incorporation into reconstruction of wall, for Mr. H & Mrs. D Westbrooke, 1995, at 405 Learmonth St. Buninyong