Historical information

Photograph of AIF Codford Camp No. 7. R.H. Baron was stationed here in 1918 during WW1. He later transferred to Herdcott Camp.
Part of the Robert H. Baron (No. 3596) and Cooper Collections.
See Catalogue No. 1981P for details of Baron's service.

Physical description

Black and white photograph featuring three buildings fronting a gravel road. Two signs appear in the foreground. One is labelled 'No. 7 Camp', the other taller one is labelled 'Salvation Army Rest Hut'. A tree lined hill is in the background.

Inscriptions & markings

On back, handwritten in black ink: 'Dear Mother, this is the entrance to our camp, the 3rd hut down on the outside is our hut, Robert H. Baron.