Historical information

The church in the photograph is the former Methodist Church which is on the NW corner of Barkly and Harker Streets inn Sunbury. It was built on land donated by Thomas Woods at Lot 14 Barkly Street where in 1870 a small weatherboard building was built. In 1879 John Browning gifted land at 13 Barkly Street for the building of a new brick church on that site. The brick church continued to be a place of worship until the June 1977 when the Presbyterian, Methodist and Congregational churches came together and worshipped as the Uniting Church. St. Andrews Uniting Church have been the owners of this building since that time.

Physical description

A non-digital black and white photograph of a little Church building with the words Methodist Church written across the bottom of the image.