Stories Organisations Projects About Login
Catalogue. Share. Discover.
A free collections management system for Victoria’s cultural organisations and a tool for students, researchers and curious minds.

Victorian Collections -

Talking Shop: Ballarat in Business and City Life at Ballaarat Mechanics' Institute

27 Jun 2019

Curated By

Amy Tsilemanis, Curator, Ballaarat Mechanics' Institute

156172 items

close

156172 items

account

Orbost & District Historical Society , Orbost

A small paper account, black print and blue writing. At the top are illustrations of two young girls with an advertisement for Chamberlain's Cough Remedy between them. The account is from A.J. Royce & Co. to R. P. Cameron.

Historical information

A. J. Royce & Co. were general merchants in Orbost. Royce's was essentially a bakery in Nicholson Street on the site of the present supermarket. Robert Pullar Cameron was a Shire Councillor for many years. He married Penuel Hossack and had a family of James, Flora, Penuel and Alex.

Significance

This item is an example of the hand-written book-keeping of an early 20th century business in Orbost. It is a useful research tool.

account

Orbost & District Historical Society , Orbost

A large white paper account with blue lines and handwritten black text from H. Baughurst to R.P. Cameron. There is a pink receipt with a yellow duty stamp from Baughurst & Hefford.

Historical information

In 1924 Harry Baughurst, a returned WW1 soldier, in partnership with Mr Hefford, purchased a grocery and ironmonger business in Orbost. It was situated on the corner of Nicholson and Tarra Streets, Orbost. When Mr Hefford left the district two years later , Harry Baughurst purchased and managed the business. In 1927 Baughurst formed a partnership with Robert Gall And Herbert & Co.to form the United Bread Supply Company so that they could purchase flours etc in bulk and therefore sell bread products more cheaply.

Significance

This item is an exam ple of the book-keeping of an Orbost business in the early 20th century. It is a useful research tool.

account

Orbost & District Historical Society , Orbost

A white paper account with red lines, hand-written black print. There is a yellow duty stamp and a green receipt from A.S. Saunders, Drapers, Grocer and Ironmonger, to R.P. Cameron.

Historical information

Saunders General Store was opened in 1900, overlapping part of the Mensland and Coultons stores. It was called "The ―Melbourne Store" which referred to it being a branch of their Melbourne store.The shop was burnt down in the early 1930‘s. Arthur Scott Saunders was born in 1864 and died 3-12-1913 (49) in Orbost. He was the son of Thomas Frederick Saunders and Lucy Beard Scott. He was a Storekeeper at Orbost, a member of the early Show Committees, a Rechabite in 1893, and was a member of the Board of Guardians of the Church of England from 1894 to 1913 where he served as secretary and treasurer of the Board. He was married to Agnes Louisa Stuart Morris. She sold the business in 1919 to Mr J. H. V. Dale and left Orbost with her two daughters for East Malvern in April 1927. ( more info. on the Saunders family in In Times Gone By by Deborah Hall; Orbost & District Historical Society Newsletter by John Phillips) Robert Pullar Cameron was a Shire Councillor for many years. He married Penuel Hossack and had a family of James, Flora, Penuel and Alex.

Significance

This item is an example of a hand-written account from an Orbost business of the early 20th century. It is a useful research tool.

account

Orbost & District Historical Society , Orbost

A white paper account with blue print, red lines. At top left is a blue illustration of a horse. The account is from H. Wehner, General Blacksmith and Wheelwright to R. P. Cameron.

Historical information

Herman Wehner, had learned his trade as a blacksmith and coach builder in Germany before coming to Australia in about 1884. After working for some time in Melbourne and at Wallan he came to Orbost in 1889 and bought John William Borland‟s wheelwright and blacksmithing business in Nicholson Street. At the time there were two blacksmithing and wheelwright businesses in Orbost, the other one, also in Nicholson Street, was owned by Mr John Russell. (ref, John Phillips Newsletter July 2015) Robert Pullar Cameron was a Shire Councillor for many years. He married Penuel Hossack and had a family of James, Flora, Penuel and Alex.

Significance

The Wehner family is/ was a prominent family in Orbost from the late 19th century. Herman Wehner founded Wehner's Blacksmith's at Orbost in 1889. Oswald Wehner began working in 1910 with his father. In 1947 Ossie's son Tom started blacksmithing, retiring in 1991 and closing the business, The building remains in Nicholson Street. This item is an example of book-keeping in the early 20th century. It is a useful research tool.

account

Orbost & District Historical Society , Orbost

A white paper account with blue lines and black text. There is an orange duty stamp. It is from Orbost Motor & Engineering Works to R. P. Cameron.

Historical information

Orbost Motor Works was in McLeod Street, Orbost behind the Club Hotel. It was a dealer for Dodge cars and trucks. Robert Pullar Cameron was a Shire Councillor for many years. He married Penuel Hossack and had a family of James, Flora, Penuel and Alex.

Significance

This item is an example of the book-keeping used by an Orbost business in the early 20th century. It is a useful research tool.

account

Orbost & District Historical Society , Orbost

A white paper account with black print and red lines.It is from Winchester & Rodwell, Engineering & Motor Works to R.P. Cameron.

Historical information

Winchester & Rodwell was an engineering and motor works opposite the Commonwealth Hotel in Orbost. It was the service station for General Motors products as well as the official R.A.C.V. service station. Robert Pullar Cameron was a Shire Councillor for many years. He married Penuel Hossack and had a family of James, Flora, Penuel and Alex.

Significance

This item is an example of the book-keeping of an Orbost business in the early 20th century. It is a useful research tool.

account

Orbost & District Historical Society , Orbost

A light blue paper account with dark blue print from The Snowy River Mail, Newspaper and General Printing to R. Cameron.

Historical information

Previously published as The Snowy River mail and Tambo and Croajingolong gazette from 1890 to 1911. The Gippsland Courier merged with the Snowy River Mail when proprietor Lachlan Ross moved to Orbost in 1910. In 1999 the paper was acquired by the Yeates family when the Hollins family retired from the newspapers business. The paper is still being produced by the fourth generation of the Yeates family as part of East Gippsland Newspapers. They also produce the Bairnsdale Advertiser, the East Gippsland News and the Lakes Post and the yearly publications East Gippsland Visitor Guide and the Great Alpine Road Touring Guide. Robert Pullar Cameron was a Shire Councillor for many years. He married Penuel Hossack and had a family of James, Flora, Penuel and Alex.

Significance

This item is an example of the early book-keeping of the Snowy River Mail newspaper and is a useful research tool.

account

Orbost & District Historical Society , Orbost

A white paper account with black lines and black print. Details are handwritten. It is from Williams Bros, Builders, Undertakers and Sawmillers, to R. Cameron.

Historical information

This account was sent to R.P. Cameron for building repairs. Many local businesses were diverse in what they offered in attempts to keep their businesses viable. Robert Pullar Cameron was a Shire Councillor for many years. He married Penuel Hossack and had a family of James, Flora, Penuel and Alex.

Significance

This item is an example of early 20th century book-keeping in Orbost and is a useful research tool.

account

Orbost & District Historical Society , Orbost

A white paper account with red lines and black print. Details are hand-written. It is from Carl Drevermann, Furnishings and General Ironmongers, to R. Cameron.

Historical information

Mr Carl Otto (Clyde) Drevermann was born at Lucknow and worked in various parts of Victoria before coming to Orbost in about 1902. In July 1902 he entered into partnership with Mr Edward Fisher Reynolds and the ironmongery, hardware and tinsmithing business was carried on by the new firm as Drevermann and Reynolds. In about 1905 Mr Drevermann assumed proprietorship and the tinsmith and plumbing section of the business was sold off to Mr Edward Swan. The ironmongery, hardware and timber business was known as Carl Dreverman & Co until 1917 when it was changed to Orbost Hardware and Timber Co. This shop had a row of nails on the window sill to prevent people sitting on the ledge. Robert Pullar Cameron was a Shire Councillor for many years. He married Penuel Hossack and had a family of James, Flora, Penuel and Alex.

Significance

This item is an example of the book-keeping of an early 20th century Orbost business and is a useful research tool.

account

Orbost & District Historical Society , Orbost

A white paper account with black print, blue lines and an illustration of an old car in the top left corner. It has a blue receipt attached for W.A. Matthews & Sons General Motor Engineers to R. Cameron.

Historical information

Matthews and Sons' Snowy River Garage was situated in Nicholson Street Orbost. Robert Pullar Cameron was a Shire Councillor for many years. He married Penuel Hossack and had a family of James, Flora, Penuel and Alex.

Significance

This item is an example of book-keeping in Orbost in the early 20th century and is a useful research tool.

account

Orbost & District Historical Society , Orbost

A white paper account with black print. It has a green duty stamp on the front and is from Dr James Kerr M.B.C.M. to R. Cameron. The form has been filled in by hand.

Historical information

Dr James Kerr practised medicine in Orbost from 1889 -1928. He was the first doctor to settle in Orbost. He served the Orbost community for 40 years travelling everywhere on horseback. He married Hilda Constance Temple in Orbost on November 30, 1893. On April 29th 1931, three glass windows were dedicated to "Dr James Kerr. Beloved Physician of Orbost" in St James Church of England , Orbost. ( Ref Orbost Hospital, History, Personalities and Stories by Margaret Hollands) Robert Pullar Cameron was a Shire Councillor for many years. He married Penuel Hossack and had a family of James, Flora, Penuel and Alex.

Significance

Dr James Kerr was the first doctor to settle in Orbost. He was an integral part of the Orbost community for over 40 years. Robert Pullar Cameron was a councillor on the Orbost Shire Council for many years.

Account book - Account book from Mousley's Store

Anglesea and District Historical Society, Anglesea

Carbon account book with cardboard cover, green spine binding, water damaged

Historical information

Mousley's Store was the first store in Anglesea. It was purchased by C W Drayton.

Significance

Mousley's Store was the only shop in Anglesea River in 1940. Contains details of who purchased goods and what they purchased, also the cost.

Inscriptions & Markings

"The Plic Book/for copying letters, invoices etc."

Account Book

Flagstaff Hill Maritime Village, Warrnambool

Conquest Account book on Doctor's table. Blue cloth cover with brown leather spine

Account Book

Flagstaff Hill Maritime Village, Warrnambool

Account record book; “Bruck’s Condensed Medical Account Book”, used by Dr. W.R. Angus. Book has hard, green cover, bound and reinforced with red leather and printed title in gold lettering. The pages of index tabs in the beginning of the book have no entries. The first page of the Accounts section of the book have the hand written heading “February 1929” Entries continue to the end of the book. Inside both front and back cover are hand written notes.

Historical information

The accounts book has hand written accounts of Dr. W.R. Angus' medical practice. The accounts begin in February 1929, the year he married, moved to Nhill, Victoria, and purchased the medical practice of Dr. Tom Ryan, whom he previously assisted. This accounts book was donated to Flagstaff Hill Maritime Village by the family of Doctor William Roy Angus, Surgeon and Oculist. It is part of the “W.R. Angus Collection” that includes historical medical equipment, surgical instruments and material once belonging to Dr Edward Ryan and Dr Thomas Francis Ryan, (both of Nhill, Victoria) as well as Dr Angus’ own belongings. The Collection’s history spans the medical practices of the two Doctors Ryan, from 1885-1926 plus that of Dr Angus, up until 1969. ABOUT THE “W.R.ANGUS COLLECTION” Doctor William Roy Angus M.B., B.S., Adel., 1923, F.R.C.S. Edin.,1928 (also known as Dr Roy Angus) was born in Murrumbeena, Victoria in 1901 and lived until 1970. He qualified as a doctor in 1923 at University of Adelaide, was Resident Medical Officer at the Royal Adelaide Hospital in 1924 and for a period was house surgeon to Sir (then Mr.) Henry Simpson Newland. Dr Angus was briefly an Assistant to Dr Riddell of Kapunda, then commenced private practice at Curramulka, Yorke Peninsula, SA, where he was physician, surgeon and chemist. In 1926, he was appointed as new Medical Assistant to Dr Thomas Francis Ryan (T.F. Ryan, or Tom), in Nhill, Victoria, where his experiences included radiology and pharmacy. In 1927 he was Acting House Surgeon in Dr Tom Ryan’s absence. Dr Angus had become engaged to Gladys Forsyth and they decided he would take time to further his studies overseas in the UK in 1927. He studied at London University College Hospital and at Edinburgh Royal Infirmary and in 1928, was awarded FRCS (Fellow from the Royal College of Surgeons), Edinburgh. He worked his passage back to Australia as a Ship’s Surgeon on the on the Australian Commonwealth Line’s T.S.S. Largs Bay. Dr Angus married Gladys in 1929, in Ballarat. (They went on to have one son (Graham 1932, born in SA) and two daughters (Helen (died 12/07/1996) and Berenice (Berry), both born at Mira, Nhill ) Dr Angus was a ‘flying doctor’ for the A.I.M. (Australian Inland Ministry) Aerial Medical Service in 1928 . The organisation began in South Australia through the Presbyterian Church in that year, with its first station being in the remote town of Oodnadatta, where Dr Angus was stationed. He was locum tenens there on North-South Railway at 21 Mile Camp. He took up this ‘flying doctor’ position in response to a call from Dr John Flynn; the organisation was later known as the Flying Doctor Service, then the Royal Flying Doctor Service. A lot of his work during this time involved dental surgery also. Between 1928-1932 he was surgeon at the Curramulka Hospital, Yorke Peninsula, South Australia. In 1933 Dr Angus returned to Nhill where he’d previously worked as Medical Assistant and purchased a share of the Nelson Street practice and Mira hospital from Dr Les Middleton one of the Middleton Brothers, the current owners of what was once Dr Tom Ryan’s practice. Dr L Middleton was House Surgeon to the Nhill Hospital 1926-1933, when he resigned. [Dr Tom Ryan’s practice had originally belonged to his older brother Dr Edward Ryan, who came to Nhill in 1885. Dr Edward saw patients at his rooms, firstly in Victoria Street and in 1886 in Nelson Street, until 1901. The Nelson Street practice also had a 2 bed ward, called Mira Private Hospital ). Dr Edward Ryan was House Surgeon at the Nhill Hospital 1884-1902 . He also had occasions where he successfully performed veterinary surgery for the local farmers too. Dr Tom Ryan then purchased the practice from his brother in 1901. Both Dr Edward and Dr Tom Ryan work as surgeons included eye surgery. Dr Tom Ryan performed many of his operations in the Mira private hospital on his premises. He too was House Surgeon at the Nhill Hospital 1902-1926. Dr Tom Ryan had one of the only two pieces of radiology equipment in Victoria during his practicing years – The Royal Melbourne Hospital had the other one. Over the years Dr Tom Ryan gradually set up what was effectively a training school for country general-practitioner-surgeons. Each patient was carefully examined, including using the X-ray machine, and any surgery was discussed and planned with Dr Ryan’s assistants several days in advance. Dr Angus gained experience in using the X-ray machine there during his time as assistant to Dr Ryan. Dr Tom Ryan moved from Nhill in 1926. He became a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 1927, soon after its formation, a rare accolade for a doctor outside any of the major cities. He remained a bachelor and died suddenly on 7th Dec 1955, aged 91, at his home in Ararat. Scholarships and prizes are still awarded to medical students in the honour of Dr T.F. Ryan and his father, Dr Michael Ryan, and brother, John Patrick Ryan. ] When Dr Angus bought into the Nelson Street premises in Nhill he was also appointed as the Nhill Hospital’s Honorary House Surgeon 1933-1938. His practitioner’s plate from his Nhill surgery states “HOURS Daily, except Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturday afternoons, 9-10am, 2-4pm, 7-8pm. Sundays by appointment”. This plate is now mounted on the doorway to the Port Medical Office at Flagstaff Hill Maritime Village, Warrnambool. Dr Edward Ryan and Dr Tom Ryan had an extensive collection of historical medical equipment and materials spanning 1884-1926 and when Dr Angus took up practice in their old premises he obtained this collection, a large part of which is now on display at the Port Medical Office at Flagstaff Hill Maritime Village in Warrnambool. During his time in Nhill Dr Angus was involved in the merging of the Mira Hospital and Nhill Public Hospital into one public hospital and the property titles passed on to Nhill Hospital in 1939. In 1939 Dr Angus and his family moved to Warrnambool where he purchased “Birchwood,” the 1852 home and medical practice of Dr John Hunter Henderson, at 214 Koroit Street. (This property was sold in1965 to the State Government and is now the site of the Warrnambool Police Station. ). The Angus family was able to afford gardeners, cooks and maids; their home was a popular place for visiting dignitaries to stay whilst visiting Warrnambool. Dr Angus had his own silk worm farm at home in a Mulberry tree. His young daughter used his centrifuge for spinning the silk. Dr Angus was appointed on a part-time basis as Port Medical Officer (Health Officer) in Warrnambool and held this position until the 1940’s when the government no longer required the service of a Port Medical Officer in Warrnambool; he was thus Warrnambool’s last serving Port Medical Officer. (The duties of a Port Medical Officer were outlined by the Colonial Secretary on 21st June, 1839 under the terms of the Quarantine Act. Masters of immigrant ships arriving in port reported incidents of diseases, illness and death and the Port Medical Officer made a decision on whether the ship required Quarantine and for how long, in this way preventing contagious illness from spreading from new immigrants to the residents already in the colony.) Dr Angus was a member of the Australian Medical Association, for 35 years and surgeon at the Warrnambool Base Hospital 1939-1942, He served as a Surgeon Captain during WWII 1941-45, in Ballarat, Victoria, and in Bonegilla, N.S.W., completing his service just before the end of the war due to suffering from a heart attack. During his convalescence he carved an intricate and ‘most artistic’ chess set from the material that dentures were made from. He then studied ophthalmology at the Royal Melbourne Eye and Ear Hospital and created cosmetically superior artificial eyes by pioneering using the intrascleral cartilage. Angus received accolades from the Ophthalmological Society of Australasia for this work. He returned to Warrnambool to commence practice as an ophthalmologist, pioneering in artificial eye improvements. He was Honorary Consultant Ophthalmologist to Warrnambool Base Hospital for 31 years. He made monthly visits to Portland as a visiting surgeon, to perform eye surgery. He represented the Victorian South-West subdivision of the Australian Medical Association as its secretary between 1949 and 1956 and as chairman from 1956 to 1958. In 1968 Dr Angus was elected member of Spain’s Barraquer Institute of Barcelona after his research work in Intrasclearal cartilage grafting, becoming one of the few Australian ophthalmologists to receive this honour, and in the following year presented his final paper on Living Intrasclearal Cartilage Implants at the Inaugural Meeting of the Australian College of Ophthalmologists in Melbourne In his personal life Dr Angus was a Presbyterian and treated Sunday as a Sabbath, a day of rest. He would visit 3 or 4 country patients on a Sunday, taking his children along ‘for the ride’ and to visit with him. Sunday evenings he would play the pianola and sing Scottish songs to his family. One of Dr Angus’ patients was Margaret MacKenzie, author of a book on local shipwrecks that she’d seen as an eye witness from the late 1880’s in Peterborough, Victoria. In the early 1950’s Dr Angus, painted a picture of a shipwreck for the cover jacket of Margaret’s book, Shipwrecks and More Shipwrecks. She was blind in later life and her daughter wrote the actual book for her. Dr Angus and his wife Gladys were very involved in Warrnambool’s society with a strong interest in civic affairs. Their interests included organisations such as Red Cross, Rostrum, Warrnambool and District Historical Society (founding members), Wine and Food Society, Steering Committee for Tertiary Education in Warrnambool, Local National Trust, Good Neighbour Council, Housing Commission Advisory Board, United Services Institute, Legion of Ex-Servicemen, Olympic Pool Committee, Food for Britain Organisation, Warrnambool Hospital, Anti-Cancer Council, Boys’ Club, Charitable Council, National Fitness Council and Air Raid Precautions Group. He was also a member of the Steam Preservation Society and derived much pleasure from a steam traction engine on his farm. He had an interest in people and the community He and his wife Gladys were both involved in the creation of Flagstaff Hill, including the layout of the gardens. After his death (28th March 1970) his family requested his practitioner’s plate, medical instruments and some personal belongings be displayed in the Port Medical Office surgery at Flagstaff Hill Maritime Village, and be called the “W. R. Angus Collection”.

Significance

The W.R. Angus Collection is significant for still being located at the site it is connected with, Doctor Angus being the last Port Medical Officer in Warrnambool. The collection of medical instruments and other equipment is culturally significant, being an historical example of medicine from late 19th to mid-20th century. Dr Angus assisted Dr Tom Ryan, a pioneer in the use of X-rays and in ocular surgery.

Account Book - Associated Steamship Owners Accounts

Flagstaff Hill Maritime Village, Warrnambool

Associated Steamship Owners Accounts

ACCOUNT BOOK

Clunes Museum, Clunes

ANCIENT BROWN COVER ON ACCOUNT BOOK - BELONGED TO CLARA HOLMAN 1897

Inscriptions & Markings

CLARA HOLMAN, FRASER STREET, CLUNES X3 J. HOLMAN FRASER STREET, CLUNES. 1897.

account book - BETE BOLONG DRAINAGE AREA PAY SHEET

Orbost & District Historical Society , Orbost

A brown leatherette, hard cover book. In gold lettering on the front is "BETE BOLONG DRAINAGE AREA PAY SHEET". It contains records of payments made for work done 1910-1913.

Historical information

This account book was used by the Orbost Shire council to record payments made for work done on the Bete Bolong Drainage Area between 1910 and 1913. The item was donated to Orbost & District Historical society from P.R.O.V. as a Place of Deposit (POD) item for safe keeping by a local history group or museum. The shire covered an area of 9,347 square kilometres and existed from 1892 until 1994 when it became part of the East Gippsland Shire Council. Orbost was at first included in the Bairnsdale Shire from 1882 and was later part of the Tambo Shire. Because of travelling distances the Croajingalong Shire was created in 1892 (name changed to Orbost Shire 17.2.1893 with James Cameron as the first Shire President. In 1994 it amalgamated to become part of East Gippsland Shire Council.

Significance

This item is a hand-written record of the accounts of the local government. The Orbost Shire Council no longer exists having been absorbed by the East Gippsland Shire Council.

Inscriptions & Markings

In gold lettering on the front is "BETE BOLONG DRAINAGE AREA PAY SHEET".

Account Book - Dark purple coloured ledger with green suede spine. Applications and Allotments of shares in the Ringwood Fruit Assoc. Ltd with subsequent levies. Started 2-Dec1915 used until 1-Sep-1924.

Ringwood and District Historical Society, Ringwood

Dark purple coloured ledger with green suede spine. Applications and Allotments of shares in the Ringwood Fruit Assoc. Ltd with subsequent levies. Started 2-Dec1915 used until 1-Sep-1924. +Additional Keywords: Many well known names

Historical information

The Ringwood Fruit Association occupied the building in Adelaide Street that subsequently became 'The Mail' offices. Some nominations of committee and Rent rate notices for 1924 - 1925 under heading 'Ringwood C0-operative Cool Stores Society Ltd.

Account Book - Ringwood Tennis Club - Membership records and accounts petty cash book with entries dating from 1920 to 1958.

Ringwood and District Historical Society, Ringwood

Address and Petty Cash Book. Shows receipts from members of the Ringwood Tennis Club in the 1920s. Cardboard covers, black cloth spine. Some blank pages.

Inscriptions & Markings

Illegible on front

Account Book - Borough of Ringwood Accounts Paid - 1925 to 1931.

Ringwood and District Historical Society, Ringwood

Borough of Ringwood - Accounts Paid

Historical information

Borough of Ringwood - accounts examined by the Finance Committee and found to be correct and recommended for payment.

Account Book - Ringwood Primary School Mothers' Club Accounts Book 1939-1980

Ringwood and District Historical Society, Ringwood

Account Book. Black covered with red binding. White label with handwritten - Ringwood Primary School Mothers Club - Domestic A/C. 99pp. Numerous receipts are taped into the book.

Historical information

Used by the Ringwood Primary School Mothers Club - for the Domestic A/C.

Inscriptions & Markings

Ringwood Primary School Mothers Club - Domestic A/C.

Account book - Warrandyte Lodge No.772 scale of Payments and Schedules

Ringwood and District Historical Society, Ringwood

Blue mottled cardboard covered book( Half of front cover missing) containing scale of payments and members schedule of deductions. 20 pages all used.

Historical information

Used in Ringwood by the Warrandyte Lodge No.772 for nine years

Inscriptions & Markings

Warrandyte Lodge No.772 Appearance Book

Account Book - Ringwood State School - account book of Mothers Club showing fund raising accounts. Book started 1938 then a gap; started again 1950. Shows lists of members at meetings.

Ringwood and District Historical Society, Ringwood

Ringwood State School - account book of Mothers Club showing fund raising accounts. Book started 1938 then a gap; started again 1950. Shows lists of members at meetings.

Historical information

Used at Mother's Club, Ringwood State School

Inscriptions & Markings

School Committee Book for Accounts. (on a cloth spine)

Account Book - City of Ringwood Pound Keeper's book - 1968 to 1983.

Ringwood and District Historical Society, Ringwood

City of Ringwood, Pound Keeper's book.

Historical information

City of Ringwood, Pound Keeper's records.

Account Book - Ringwood Auxiliary of the Royal Childrens Hospital - Account Book. 1959-1967

Ringwood and District Historical Society, Ringwood

Account Book of Ringwood Auxiliary of the Royal Childrens Hospital 1959-1967. Red covered book with thumb index down the right side.

Account Book - Ringwood State School Committee Accounts Book 1961-1968

Ringwood and District Historical Society, Ringwood

Account book - Ringwood State School Committee 1961 - 1968. Grey covered foolscap size with grey printing on front. Only one page unused.

Historical information

Used by the Ringwood State School Committee as the Finance A/C, Petty Cash and Domestic A/C book.

Inscriptions & Markings

The Pencraft Account Book. Treble Cash.

Account Book - Ringwood Auxiliary of the Royal Childrens Hospital - Account Book. 1968-1992

Ringwood and District Historical Society, Ringwood

Account book of the Ringwood Auxiliary of the Royal Childrens Hospital 1968-1992. Foolscap size; 10 money columns. Dark green hard cover with red cloth spine.

Account book - Clocktower Theatre Co.- Income records1972-1979

Ringwood and District Historical Society, Ringwood

Black cardboard covers with red plastic spine binding, white label on front with black printing, money column, 2 quire, series 3 - Clocktower Theatre Company written in ink. 95 pages, several blanks. +Additional Keywords: Clocktower Theatre Company

Historical information

Used by the Clocktower Theatre Co for their income records 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1979 and May 1980.

ACCOUNT BOOK

Clunes Museum, Clunes

CLUNES GOLF CLUB ASSOCIATES

Historical information

ACCOUNT BOOK OF CLUNES GOLF CLUB ASSOCIATES 1948 - 1956. LIST OF TOURNAMENT ENTRIES AND TROPHY DONORS

Account book - Accoun Book

Brimbank City Council, Sunshine

Burgundy colour account book.

Historical information

Local historical and research significance.

Significance

Local historical and research significance.

Previous page