Lantern - WW1 Candle Lantern
From the Collection of Red Cliffs Military Museum Jamieson Ave Red Cliffs Victoria
- Tin construction, with sections for eight glass panels (1 missing, 1 incomplete. Perforated tin panels top and base. steel wire bracket for holding or hanging on top. Steel wire sliding latches on top and base as well as one side, when both are unlatched all sides are hinged and lantern can be folded up for storage. Contains a candle (not original), 2 stamped tin labels.
- Folded - 15cmW x 31cm H x 4cm D; Complete 15cmW x 31.5cm H x 15cm D
- lantern, e, world, war, a, harper, son s, 1916, renfern n s w, candle, folding, one
- 1916 (exact)
- E.A. Harper & Sons (Maker)
- 1) Use 1/2 candles only. 2) E.A. Harper & Sons/1916/Redfern N.S.W.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:10AM