Air Mail Envelope - Prisoner of War Air Mail Letter
From the Collection of Red Cliffs Military Museum Jamieson Ave Red Cliffs Victoria
- An Air mail letter/envelope written to A.J.Roddy while a prisoner of war in Stalag XV111 A
- 140mm W x 90mm H
- of, collection, war, prisoner, a j, roddy, xv111a, airmail, satalag, kriegsgefangenen, post, germany
- This is part of the A.J. Roddy Collection.
The type written 'letter' inside cannot be deciphered as the envelope is stuck with adhesive.
- 21/4/1943 (exact)
- Prisoner of War Post (Maker)
- Prisoner of War post/ KRIEGSGEFANGENEN POST/ Service Des Prisoneiers De Guerre/(White writing on Blue Background) AIR MAIL/ PAR AVION/ (London Post Mark) Dater 21 April 1943//
Top right hand corner: 21/2D (Pence) [Stamp Postage] with head of King George V (Blue)// RANK AND NAME (typed) Pte Roddy. A. J./Surname in Block letters British Prisoner of War/
Prisoner of War No (typed) 3557/(se note on flap)/ Camp name & No: (typed) STALAG XV111A G.W. 10511/ including subsidairy/ NUMBERING OR LETTERING/ if any EG WORKING CAMP/ COUNTRY (typed) GERMANY
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:08AM