Mary Norman-Bail and Pupils, ca1950s - Mary Norman-Bail and Pathfinder School Pupils, ca1950s
From the Collection of Ararat & District Historical Society operating the Langi Morgala Museum 48 Queen Street Ararat Victoria
- Unmounted black-and-white photo, No inscriptions, but original and new accession number of photo are written on the back.
- education, school, teacher, art, class, photographer, norman, collage, norman-bail, bail, educator, pupil, pathfinder-school, curriculum, grade, progressive-education, artist, painter, artwork
- Black-and-white photo of Mary Norman-Bail, other staff members, and pupils of her Pathfinder School. Date is not known, but ca1950s.
- This is one of a collection of several hundred photos, books, documents and teaching aids donated to Langi Morgala Museum by Jessica Norman-Bail (or by her estate). Almost all the collection relates to Jessica's mother, the photographer, artist and educator Mary Norman-Bail, and to Mary Norman-Bail's Pathfinder School, which was located in Ararat for several years in the first half of the twentieth century. In total, the Norman-Bail collection provides an illuminating picture of the unique Pathfinder school, though much of the collection is yet to be analysed. The Langi Morgala Norman-Bail collection is of local signficance; but further research into the collection, and into Norman-Bail's work and ideas, may enhance the significance further.
- Inscription the back of the photo [cat.nbrs]: "1641 / EC 1641.1"
- 10 Feb 2018 at 1:33PM