Writing Slate - Slate Board
From the Collection of Federation University Australia Historical Collection (Geoffrey Blainey Research Centre) Federation University Australia, Mt Helen Campus Federation University Australia E.J. Barker Library (top floor) Mount Helen Victoria
- Two slate boards. The slate, commonly used in schools, is housed in a timber frame and was used for drawing and writing with a special slate pencil.
(.1) lines marked on slate.
- 21.5 x 16.7 cm
- school, education, teaching, slate, black board, mary cook
- The National School Slate Co. was started in 1847 and was a world importer of slate. They made chalk boards and pencils in Slatington, Pennsylvania
- National School Slate Co. (Maker)
- .1) has 'Mary Cook' written on top in pencil
- 23 Oct 2019 at 9:52AM