Photograph - Crossing the line on the Ariston
From the Collection of Mission to Seafarers Victoria 717 Flinders Street Docklands Victoria
- Black and white photograph of the "crossing the line" ceremony aboard the Ariston on 19 September 1946.
- H6.7 x W9.6
- allan-charles-quinn, crossing-the-line, sweden, central-america, north-west-indies, south-america, equator, ariston
- This photograph depicts the ritual of "crossing the line" which marks the point at which a sailor first crosses the equator. Allan worked aboard the M.T. Ariston during 1946 and worked between Sweden, Central America, North West Indies and South America.
- This photograph is from the Allan Charles Quinn collection which is a collection of letters and photographs depicting life at sea for a young man in the period immediately following World War II.
- Black ink on reverse: Crossing the equator on Ariston/ 10.9.46
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM