Medal - Australian Grand Prix 1st D Class 1929
From the Collection of Churchill Island Heritage Farm 246 Samuel Amess Drive Newhaven Victoria
- Silver shield shape medal with scroll detail, circular shape at bottom with blue border. Pin on back. Attached to blue ribbon.
- Ribbon 12 cm length, 6.2 width; Medal 5.7cm width, 5.4 height
- churchill island, harry jenkins, australian grand prix, phillip island, 1929, motor racing, victorian light car club, medal, car, cars, jenkins
- Won by Harry Jenkins, owner of Churchill Island (1936-1963), at Australian Grand Prix, Phillip Island, 1929, 1st Place, D. Class. Dr Jenkins was a Collins St dentist, but also an adventurer and road car racing enthusiast.
- Engraving on front of medal. "AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX / 1929 / 1st D. Class / Won by / H. JENKINS" Makers Mark "STGSU" Engraving on circular blue border "VICTORIAN LIGHT CAR CLUB"
- 7 Sep 2017 at 6:24PM