Photograph - Loading Fish Flour
From the Collection of Mission to Seafarers Victoria 717 Flinders Street Docklands Victoria
- A black and white photograph of bags of flour being hoisted from small row boats up onto the ship. The deck of the ship can be seen on the left side, and eight boats, filled with people and flour bags, towards the right hand corner.
- H10.1 x W15.1
- allan-quinn, photograph, angola, fish-flour, letters-from-abroad
- The photographs shows how the fish flour produced in Angola was loaded by the local people onto ships for exportation.
This photograph was exhibited by the Mission to Seafarers as part of the exhibition "Letters from Abroad" in 2012.
- Allan Charles Quinn (Maker)
- This is a photograph from the Allan Charles Quinn collection which is a collection of letters and photograph depicting aspects of life at sea for a young man in the era immediately following World War II.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM