Scientific Instrument - Optical Bench
From the Collection of Federation University Australia Historical Collection (Geoffrey Blainey Research Centre) Federation University Australia E.J. Barker Library (top floor) Mount Helen Victoria
- A solid wood board. A steel ruler scale on top, 0-30mm, mounted along one edge. Fixed along the opposite edge is a 10mm diam. steel bar, 41cm long.
- physics, scientific instrument
- Used for optics experiments and engineering. Components such as light sources and lenses can be bolted down and easily shifted along the length of the rail.
- W.G. Pye & Co. (Commercial manufacturer)
- W.G. Pye & Co. Eng. Cambridge.
- 29 Jun 2017 at 10:10PM