Photographs - St Katherine's Anglican Church St Helena 1930s
From the Collection of Greensborough Historical Society 34 Glenauburn Road Lower Plenty Lower Plenty Victoria
- Links: 00601:01216:01217:01221:01346:01732:01763:02557
Set of 4 postcards (9x14cm), one photograph (10x16cm), one photograph (16x11cm). All show views of St Katherine's Church St Helena. Also an A4 copy of a magazine article about St Helena.
- st katherines church, st helena, anthony beale, rose chapel
- St Katherine's Church St Helena was built by Major Anthony Beale pioneer settler of the area, and named after his wife. The original church was damaged by fire in February 1957 and rebuilt shortly after. The accompanying article describes the "quaint old village of Greensborough" and an excursion to the churchyard at St Helena.
Refer to article by Eileen Fortescue in The Argus Newspaper Saturday 19/3/1932 Page 8.
- These photos are significant as they were taken before the fire and there are few photographs of the original church.
- Each image has a caption and date on the back.
- 15 Apr 2018 at 10:39PM