From the Collection of Churchill Island Heritage Farm 246 Samuel Amess Drive Newhaven Victoria
- machine made lace trim made to look hand made. Some stretchiness
- 4.6cm wide x 253 cm long
- churchill island, lace, janet amess lace collection, trim, amess
- The names of the Amess women who owned the lace are:
Jane Amess (nee Straughan) – donor Unity’s great grandmother (pet name Janet, but not used as it will confuse with Unity’s mother). Jane was the wife of Samuel Amess, first Samuel Amess to own Churchill Island.
Frances Amess (nee Turnbull) – grandmother, married Robert Lisle Straughan Amess, 4th child of Samuel and Jane
Janet Jickell (nee Amess) – mother, 2nd of two children of Robert and Francis, married James Jickell
Unity Mary Bright (nee Jickell) was the donor, 2nd of two children of Robert and Francis.
The Amess family owned Churchill Island from 1872 to 1929
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:11AM