Stories Organisations Projects About Login

Handwritten notes on paper

From the Collection of Churchill Island Heritage Farm 246 Samuel Amess Drive Newhaven Victoria

Handwritten notes in pencil on paper, regarding top dressing; includes map with amounts and dates.
19.8cm width, 24.4cm length
Object Registration
churchill island, farm, top dressing, harry jenkins, jenkins
Historical information
Dr Harry Jenkins owned Churchill Island from 1936 to 1963 and bequeathed it to Margaret Campbell on his death. Sister Campbell had been nurse to his disabled son and wife and she lived on the island from the time of World War Two. The item was given to Arthur Evans, a family friend, on the day of the auction sale of artifacts when she sold the island, approximately 1973. Churchill Island was run as a dairy farm in the 1940's.
When Made
c. May 1940
These notes demonstrate Harry Jenkins interest in the farm and his thorough approach to farming. It also provides historical information on farming in the era.
Last updated
7 Sep 2017 at 6:27PM