Paper Solicitor's letter
From the Collection of Churchill Island Heritage Farm 246 Samuel Amess Drive Newhaven Victoria
- Typed solicitor's letter from Henderson & Ball Solicitors & Co, to Mr. E.H. Jenkins, 33 Collins St, Melbourne, regarding purchase from G.R. Buckley and Other, and enclosing sketch plan (catalogue item no. 0108.2), dated 11th May 1939, titled "You from G.R. Buckley and Others"
- 20.6cm width, 26.4cm length
- harry jenkins, churchill island, purchase, solicitor, letter, jenkins
- Dr Harry Jenkins owned Churchill Island from 1936 to 1963 and bequeathed it to Margaret Campbell on his death. Sister Campbell had been nurse to his disabled son and wife and she lived on the island from the time of World War Two. The item was given to Arthur Evans, a family friend, on the day of the auction sale of artifacts when she sold the island, approximately 1973.
- 11 May 1939 approx
- The letter provides information regarding the purchase of Churchill Island.
- [signed] Henderson & Ball "at 4 1/2 %" [inserted last line, fourth paragraph], "(Purchase Price 2000 pounds)" [end fourth paragraph], "HenB" [bottom first page], "Henderson Ball" [second page}
- 7 Sep 2017 at 6:33PM