13 August 1843 First application for the Bushy Park run appeared in the “Port Phillip Gazette”. It was taken up by Angus McMillan, who took up the Boisdale run across the Avon River at the same time, for his employer Lachlan Macalister.
March 1844 Licence to Bushy Park granted to McMillan. It consisted of 16,000 acres.
Late 1840s Bushy Park homestead built for McMillan by Andrew Martin and Matt McCraw.
High local historic significance as associated with major pioneer and a very old white settlement in Gippsland.
A square shaped timber house, with a corrugated iron roof over shingles. It has a verandah that covers both the front and sides of the house. The house is contructed of redgum timber, and internally has four rooms.
Inscriptions & markings
National Trust of Australia Plaque - Bushy Park Homestead - Class 'C'