Dr Harry Jenkins owned Churchill Island from 1936 to 1963 and bequeathed it to Margaret Campbell on his death. Sister Campbell had been nurse to his disabled son and wife and she lived on the island from the time of World War Two. The item was given to Arthur Evans, a family friend, on the day of the auction sale of artifacts when she sold the island, approximately 1973.
Typed solicitor's letter on letterhead of Henderson & Ball, addressed to Mr. E.H. Jenkins regarding purchase of land from G.R. Buckley and Others. Letter dated 11 May, 1939
Inscriptions & markings
"at 4 1/2 %" [inserted last line, fourth paragraph], "(Purchase Price 2000 pounds)" [end fourth paragraph], "HenB" [bottom first page], "Henderson Ball" [second page}