Book - The story of the bible
From the Collection of Ballarat Clarendon College 1425 Sturt Street Ballarat Victoria
- Bound in brown cloth with illustration on front and spine, college crest embossed on back cover. Floral end papers, black and white illustrations throughout, slight detached spine and detached papers. Slight foxing on pages, 621 p.
- 22cm H x 15cm W
- roydon-osmond-moore, book-prize, 1889, ballarat-college, leslie-travis-stanley-moore, gilbert-kent-moore, r-t-moore, miss-jago's-school.
- This book was awarded to Roydon Osmond Moore in 1889 for second prize for scripture in the second form. Roydon enrolled in Ballarat College in 1887 at the age of 8 along with his siblings: Leslie Travis Stanley Moore (B.D. 4/2/1877) and Gilbert Kent Moore (B.D. 14/12/1877). In the original register Parent/Guardian is listed as R.T.Moore, residing at 1 Cardygin Terrace/200 Sturt Street. It also documents that Roydon and his brothers previously attended Miss Jago's School II Class.
- Prior to the book prize presented on Christmas, 1889.
- S. W. Partridge and Co. (Publisher), Charles Foster (Author)
- Presbyterian educators placed great value on a classical education matched with diligence in study. Book prizes were highly regarded and academic success admired. In the school’s early years prizes were ordered direct from London and had the school crest embossed in gold on the front or back cover. Many of the prizes given in early years were returned to the school to equip the Weatherly Library when it opened in 1936.
- Book plate inside front cover: college crest/ Scripture/ Second Form,/ Second Prize./ Awarded to/ Royden Moore/ Christmas, 1889.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM