Charity organisation, Ladies' Harbour Lights Guild,was formed within The Missions to Seamen Institute to provide a home away from home, for visiting seamen. The flyer was to recruit members.
This paper flyer holds historical significance at a local level because it illustrates the Ladies' Harbour Lights Guild involvement in the Mission to Seafarers.The Ladies' Harbour Lights Guild formally named in 1907 grew to become a significant charity in Melbourne raising large amounts of money which helped to establish the current MTSV building, supporting seafarers. In 1960s the LHLG merged with the Flying Angels Club of the MTSV.
A paper flyer describing in blue ink the work and value of membership of The Ladies' Harbour Lights Guild, in order to recruit new members. Also includes a photocopy of the flyer.
Inscriptions & markings
The photocopy of the original has written in blue "1912".