T Square tool
From the Collection of Churchill Island Heritage Farm 1 Samuel Amess Drive Newhaven Victoria
- T square made from printer's plate, metal and wood, riveted together with 10 rivets and a hanging hole in top centre of wood.
- Metal plate 340mm x 85 mm; wood 133 mm x 200 mm.
- james balfour, e.c elliott, balfour, presbyterian, t square, square, tool, tools, amess, samuel, churchill island
- Samuel Amess, who bought Churchill island in 1872 was a Presbyterian Scot as also was James Balfour. There may have been a personal link.
- Printer's plate 1887 on; T square 1890
- One side, metal: Balfour, Elliott and Company Limited/ Incorporated under the Companies Statute 1884 /20 Queen St MELBOURNE / Capital L250,000 in 250,000 shares of L1 each / This is to certify that... / is the property of .../
Part of circle printing in join with wood and scroll work on metal at join.
Other side: scratched in "H R Balfour"
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:11AM