From the Collection of Churchill Island Heritage Farm 246 Samuel Amess Drive Newhaven Victoria
- Bronze dial marker with slate face mounted on granite pillar from Cape Woolamai.
- Granite: 48cm W X 78cm H, Dial face: 38.2cm D, Marker; 23cm L X 12.8cm H
- churchill island, sister margaret campbell, sundial
- "It is believed that the SUNDIAL was constructed by Peter Rawlins for Sister Campbell, and it was originally sited on the North side of the Homestead Tree, near the Cannon.
The base was 'faced' with rocks from the shoreline, and the Sundial itself is of a slate material.
By the early 90's, the overhead canopy of the surrounding trees, began to overcome the Sundial, and it could not be 'read'.
It was decided to move it to a more clear sunny site.
The Herb Garden was considered the most suitable site, and the Sundial was picked up by Front End Loader, and placed on its present site in 1992."
- C Schulz, 1996, 'SUNDIAL TO HERB GARDEN - PROJECT 21'
- 16 Jun 2020 at 11:07AM