Document - Subscriptions / Kew Philharmonic Society
From the Collection of Kew Historical Society Inc Level 1, Kew Court House 188 High Street Kew Victoria
- A form outlining how subscriptions can be made for the Kew Philharmonic Society. The undated note states that the Society has three concerts per year. It is noted that rehearsals are held in the Kew Music Centre, Beresford Street, Kew. The form includes details of entitlements for ticket holders and annual fees.
- 1p :
- arthur dear collection, kew philharmonic society
- The Kew Philharmonic Society was founded by Dr. Ehrenfeld, c.1946, who was also the Orchestra's first conductor. He was succeeded by Harold Badger in 1954 following the death of the former. During the 1940s and 1950s, the Orchestra played its concerts in the Kew Recreation Hall in Wellington Street. In 1960, the Orchestra relocated to the new Kew City Hall in Cotham Road (the site of the current Kew Library).
- Kew Philharmonic Society (Publisher)
- This item was donated by Mary Tracey, the daughter of Arthur Dear, the official 'Hallkeeper' of the Kew Recreation Centre and later the Kew Civic Hall. The Arthur Dear Collection is a comprehensive collection of theatrical ephemera relating to performances by theatrical and musical organisations from within and outside the former City of Kew from the 1940s to the 1960s.
- 13 Jan 2019 at 10:56AM