Bogong Village was built by the SECV in 1940 for the workers of the Kiewa Hydro Electric Scheme. In 1971, 30 houses were furnished for use as holiday homes for SEC personnel throughout the State. From 1989 to 1993 the houses were restored & renovated.During the 1990s the buildings in the village had been leased to private owners. Many of them rented their houses for tourists. The Commissioner's lodge was on the other side of the Mt Beauty - Falls Creek road, above Bogong Village. Wally Baldwin ran it in the 1960's.It was destroyed by the 2003 bushfires.
These papers present a history of 'the Commissioner's lodge' and Bogong Village in the 1990's.
The Progress Association was an active community group in 1963/64.
Papers advertising Bogong Village & the Lodge for accommodation with rates 1997/1998. Describes the alternatives, maps and cafe hours, Also, 'Jan's Recollections' and on the back of these pages a hand written list of members of the the Progress Association 1963-64 as 'per Mr A. McCullough's spiel'.
In original folder and includes a pamphlet & postcard.