Programme - Souvenir...Mortlake Citizens' Band : Massed Bands Recital. Mortlake, April 18, 1948
From the Collection of Victorian Bands' League 2/157 Hyde Street Yarraville Victoria
- Programme printed on paper with a card cover.
- hamilton, terang, warrnabool, colac, camperdown, port fairy, mortlake, victorian bands' league
- This programme dates from 1948 when the Mortlake Citizens' Band held a Massed Bands Recital in Mortlake. A number of bands from the South-West region of Victoria participated with the event comprising of a March and various massed bands items. The programme is extremely detailed as to times bands were playing and also includes an amount of advertisements for local Mortlake businesses.
- This small programme is significant as it shows how a country town held a massed bands festival and hosted regional brass bands. It is also significant as it shows the amount of local businesses who advertised in the programme, and what kinds of businesses they were. This was obviously a major event for the town and the local band, and it appears that it was a success.
- There are some inscriptions and corrections in the programme primarily on the brief history of the Mortlake Citizens' Band.
- 27 Aug 2018 at 9:25PM