Stories Organisations Projects About Login

Photograph of Beatrice Henty in garden of Tarring

From the Collection of Ruyton Heritage Collection, Ruyton Girls' School, Kew 12 Selbourne Road Kew Victoria

Sepia toned photograph Miss Beatrice Henty in the garden of her home Tarring, Kew. The north east and south facades of the house are visible in the photo. Beatrice Henty is standing in the garden wearing a long gown and a large hat.
Object Registration
ruyton girls' school, kew, beatrice henty, henry henty, marion henty, tarring, henty house, 1904, selbourne road, beatrice blandy
Historical information
Miss Beatrice Henty was the daughter of Henry and Marion Henty. Mr Henry Henty and his wife Mrs Marion Anne Henty (nee McKellar) had ‘Tarring’, Kew built for their family in 1872, and resided there until the death of Marion Henty in 1919. ‘Tarring’ was then sold to Ruyton Girls’ School, and the School moved to the site, (now 12 Selbourne Rd, Kew) in 1920. ‘Tarring’ was renamed ‘Henty House’ by Ruyton Girls' School in honour of its original owners. Ruyton Girls' School was founded in 1878, Miss Beatrice Henty attended the School before 1888.
When Made
Last updated
31 Aug 2020 at 2:20PM