Quinn Letter - Letter
From the Collection of Mission to Seafarers Victoria 717 Flinders Street Docklands Victoria
- Single-sided letter written on two sheets of unlined blue air-letter paper (0816.a1-2) headed M.S.Fenris, Montevideo, and dated 22.07.49. The blue airmail envelope (0816.b) has a 4cm border of diagonal green and yellow stripes. There are two Uruguayan stamps, one blue, one green. The postmark is indistinct.
- Letter: H:28 cm x W:22 cm, Envelope: H:11.5 cm x W:15 cm
- letters-from-abroad, quinn, 1949, m s fenris, independence day, buenos aires, australian coal strike
- Allan writes of his two-weeks in Buenos Aires where he witnessed a '..great parade..' on Independence Day and heard Peron speak in the city. He also attended several orchestral concerts and saw 'Gone with the Wind' for the fourth time. He writes 'The papers have been full of the coal strike in Australia down here....'.
- Allan Quinn (Maker)
- Quinn Collection
- The letter from Allan to his mother is written in blue ink.
- 14 Nov 2018 at 11:49AM