Stories Organisations Projects About Login

black and white photograph

From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria

A small black / white photograph of a group of people standing outside a hotel A motor vehicle is in the foreground and another behind the people. On the right side of the wooden building is a sign indicating that this is River View House an accommodation business. At the front is a sign with the name ?. Cameron on it.
H-101mm W-126mm
Object Registration
Historical information
This photograph was taken in 1900 at Buchan.
The River View Hotel was established in Buchan in 1884 and was possibly first called the Cricket Club Hotel. The isgn at the front of the building suggests that a ? Cameron ran the establishment.
When Made
This an early pictorial record of Buchan in the 1900s.
Inscriptions & Markings
on front - "Buchan Caves - 1900"
on back - "E.A. Paige"
Last updated
27 May 2019 at 3:39PM