Quinn Letter - Letter
From the Collection of Mission to Seafarers Victoria 717 Flinders Street Docklands Victoria
- Two page letter written on two sheets of buff coloured paper (0833.a1-0833.a2) headed New York and dated 1/12/49.
Pale blue envelope (0833.b) is edged with alternating red and blue stripes.
- Letter: H 28 cm x W 21.5 cm; Envelope: H 9 cm x W 16.5 cm
- letters-from-abroad, quinn, 1949
- Peer (Indicates a friendship at the time, possibly an ex-shipmate as the writer mentions the MS Fenris.)
- Quinn Collection
- Letter commences 'Dear Friend!' and concludes '..So Long! Your friend Peer...'. The envelope has been re-addressed from C/- Scandinavian Shipping Office, Transport Building, Embarcadero at Mission Street, San Francisco to M/S Mongabarra, Gen. S.S .Corp. Ltd, 432 California Street, San Francisco California. Post-mark on the front is New York and the red stamp is franked Bronx General Station.
- 27 Mar 2019 at 12:33PM