Quinn Letter - Letter
From the Collection of Mission to Seafarers Victoria 717 Flinders Street Docklands Victoria
- A single page of unlined pale blue paper folded in book form to give four pages of writing (0836.a). Letter is headed Nurses Home, Alfred Hospital, Prahran and dated 3.04.1950.
Matching envelope (0836.b) is addressed to M.S. Mongabarra, C/- Elder Smith & Co., Adelaide. 'Adelaide' has been crossed out and an indecipherable port, possibly Port Lincoln, has been added by a different writer and in darker ink. Envelope bears three red, two and halfpenny Australian stamps franked Melbourne.
- Letter: (unfolded) H 25 cm x W 16 cm; Envelope H 9 cm x W 13.5 cm
- letters-from-abroad, quinn
- The writer refers to Allan's and her own family members and is thought to be a relative; more research is needed. She also writes ".....I suppose you've heard all about the floods here, winter certainly is settling in early ....".
- June (surname not given)
- Quinn Collection
- The letter commences "Dear Allan......" and is signed "Yours June".
- 10 Apr 2019 at 11:36AM