Quinn Letter - Letter
From the Collection of Mission to Seafarers Victoria 717 Flinders Street Docklands Victoria
- A single page of unlined blue paper folded in book form to give four pages of writing (0896.a). Letter is headed Oslo, Norway. The first half of the letter is dated 25.05.1950, the second half the 26.05.1950.
Buff-coloured envelope (0839.b) is addressed to Allen Quinn Esq .M.S. Mongabarra, C/- Alex M. Petersen, 14 Meyr, Antwerp, Holland. Envelope bears one grey/blue Norwegian stamp. Post mark appears to be Gotenborg but is indistinct.
- Letter: (unfolded) H 25 cm x W 20 cm; Envelope H 9 cm x W 14.5 cm
- letters-from-abroad, quinn, lord sinha, vera south
- Interesting historical note: the writer of the letter suggests a meeting with her friend Lord Sinha who will give Allan a tour of the Houses of Parliament and lunch. Lord Sinha is the son of Satyendra Prasanna Sinha, 1st Baron Sinha, the first (and only) Indian ever to be given the hereditary peerage and the first Indian member of the House of Lords. The peerage was created by Lloyd George in 1919.
- Vera South (Maker)
- Quinn Collection
- Letter commences "My Dear Allen,' and concludes "Love Vera".
- 10 Apr 2019 at 3:27PM