Quinn Letter - Letter
From the Collection of Mission to Seafarers Victoria 717 Flinders Street Docklands Victoria
- A two-page letter written on two pages of buff-coloured, lined paper (0841a1-2) is headed 802 Macleay Regis, Macleay Street, Potts Point and dated 13/06/50. The matching envelope (0841.b) bears a one and sixpence Australian stamp, is postmarked Sydney and stamped with the slogan 'Road Carelessness Kills'. It is addressed to Mr Allan Quinn, M.S. Mongabarra, C/- Transatlantic Shipping Co., Gothenberg Sweden.
Enclosed in the letter is an undated newspaper clipping (0841.c).
- Letter H 25 cm x W 19.5 cm; Envelope H 8.5 cm x W 14.5 cm; Enclosure H 23.5 cm x W 18.5 cm
- letters-from-abroad, quinn, douglas hall, ernest ward, england v australia rugby test, sydnry cricket ground, sydney 1950
- The writer mentions some of Allan's family members. He also comments on the extremely wet weather Sydney has been experiencing and encloses a newspaper clipping with a cartoon of the Rugby League first Test match between England and Australia and a photo of two very muddy players; Australian front-row forward Douglas Hall and England's captain Ernest Ward. The match was played at Sydney Cricket Ground.
- Jim (no surname)
- Quinn Collection
- The letter commences "Dear Allan" and is singed "Your sincere friend Jim".
- 23 Apr 2019 at 1:15PM