Murray Comrie Collection.
The house in this photo was once the residence of the Tarnagulla police officer. The town block where the house was originally built was the base for policing in Tarnagulla from 1878 until the 1990s. The house was built in 1878 as a residence and adjacent was a lockup, office and stable (shown in THA-2019.0031). This house was sold for removal in in the late 1960s and replaced with a prefabricated residence and small office brought from Bealiba. These as well as the lockup are still in place (as of 2019), but are no longer used.
It is not known where this house was moved to. It is not known whether this photo was taken before or after the house was moved.
Monochrome photograph of a house which was once the police residence in Tarnagulla. Not known if this image was made when it was in its original position (Victoria Street Tarnagulla) or after it is was sold and moved in 1969.