Historical information

A history of the Rubicon forest

Physical description

Hardcover. Green dust cover. Front cover photograph is Krauss 0-4-OWT, builder's No. 2459 of 1891, takes water at the western end of Rubicon Lane in 1934. Driver Bob Rees attends to his engine while brakeman Hayden looks on. End papers show a photograph of a man standing besides a timber railway trolley holding onto the brake lever. There is a group of men, some sitting and some standing, on piles of cut timber under a large, open shed in the background. There are also some small, timber, tent like structures standing next to the railway tracks. There is a forest in the far background. Written in white is the line "Mr Clarke & Kidd's Sawmill".

Inscriptions & markings

Stamp of the Marysville & District Historical Society Inc / PO Box 22 / Marysville 3779
Signed by the author, Peter Evans