Uniform - Girl Guide uniform
From the Collection of Brighton Historical Society First Floor Bayside Arts and Cultural Centre (Old Brighton Town Hall) Corner Carpenter and Wilson Streets Brighton Victoria
- 1950s Girl Guides uniform consisting of a dress, belt and beret.
Blue cotton dress with long sleeves and high collared neck. Various patches sewn onto sleeves and front breast. Three front pockets fastening with black plastic buttons featuring Girl Guides trefoil logo. Breast pocket has two vertical white stripes. Brown leather belt with silver metal buckle with embossed Girl Guides logo and the text "Girl Guides Association / Be Prepared". Navy blue felt beret with two sewn-on patches.
Included with the dress are a Girl Guides 'test card' dated 1953 and a rectangular De Reszke cigarette tin containing a collection of Girl Guide ribbons, patches and buttons.
.1 - Dress
.2 - Belt
.3 - Beret
.4 - Test card
.5 - Box of patches and ribbons
- girl guides, sally allmand, 1950s
- This uniform was worn by Sandra "Sally" Allmand circa 1953-57 as a member of the 3rd St Andrews Girl Guides company in Brighton. Sally Allmand went on to serve on the Brighton Council from 1977 to 1983 and was mayor in 1981.
- circa 1952-1953
- Dress label: "The Guide Shop / STATE HEADQUARTERS / RUN BY GUIDES / FOR GUIDES".
- 10 Sep 2019 at 1:21PM