Scientific Instruments - Specific Gravity: Metal Cubes - boxed set of seven;
From the Collection of Federation University Australia Historical Collection (Geoffrey Blainey Research Centre) Federation University Australia, Mt Helen Campus Federation University Australia E.J. Barker Library (top floor) Mount Helen Victoria
- A set of seven 2-cm cubes, individually numbered 1 - 7, in a hinged-lid storage box with black surface finish.
- Box: 3.0cm x 15.0cm x 3.0cm; Each cube 2cm x2cm x 2cm
- physics, laboratory, ballarat school of mines, relative density, specific gravity, metal, elementary physics, brass, lead, steel, copper, aluminium, ferrous alloy
- Used in Physics Laboratory at Ballarat School of Mines for calculating/confirming relative density (or the specific gravity) of given metal samples. This would have been in Elementary physics experiments.
- Number and metal of cubes:
1) Brass; 2) Lead; 3) Steel; 4) Copper; 5) Aluminium; 6) ? a ferrous alloy; 7) ? a ferrous alloy.
- last Thursday at 12:08PM