Quinn Letter - Letter
From the Collection of Mission to Seafarers Victoria 717 Flinders Street Docklands Victoria
- Three page letter written on three sheets of thin, unlined, buff-coloured paper (0853.1a-3a). It is headed Salinas and dated 08/12/50. The air-mail envelope (0853.b) is bordered with red and blue alternating diagonal stripes. It is addressed to Mr Allan Quinn, Liddesdale Avenue, Frankston, Victoria, Australia. The return address, written in the top left hand corner, is Peer Rasmussen, 330 1/2 Central Avenue, Salinas, California, USA. The stamps and part of the post-mark have been torn from the envelope.
- Letter H 26.5 cm x W 18.5 cm; Envelope H 9.5 cm x 16.5cm
- letters-from-abroad, peer rasmussen, salinas
- The writer is replying to a letter from Allan and contains news of fellow seafarers.
- Peer Rasmussen (Maker)
- Quinn Collection
- Letter commences "Hello my friend, ....." and concludes ..."'your sincere friend, Peer."
- 10 Mar 2020 at 11:33AM