Quinn Letter - Letter
From the Collection of Mission to Seafarers Victoria 717 Flinders Street Docklands Victoria
- A single sheet of very thin paper folded in half, book form, with writing on the first and third pages only (0854.a). Written in green ink it is headed Oslo and dated 14/12/50. The air-mail envelope (0854.b) is bordered with alternating purple and yellow diagonal stripes. There are three Norwegian stamps, one green and two purple, in the right upper corner. It is post-marked Oslo and addressed Mrs K Hayes, 14 Fitzroy Street, St. Kilda, Victoria, Australia.
- Letter H 21 cm x W 15 cm; Envelope H 15.5 cm x 11cm
- letters-from-abroad, allan quinn, oslo
- Allan writes that he has left the ship M S Mongabarra in Sweden and traveled by train to Oslo where he will stay for about 14 days before travelling to London. He has sent "...a very big carton, a smaller one - a trunk and coffee table back to Australia."
- Quinn Collection
- The letter is from Allan to his mother.
- 10 Mar 2020 at 11:27AM