Historical information

Photo of a young man that lived at Holmbush, he appears to be holding two trophies and may be wearing white cricket uniform. The name is not known. He is seen in other photos in the album.
Holmbush was one of the Legacy residences that housed junior legatees. Later Holmbush was renamed Blamey House. Summary of the four residences:
Holmbush 1267 Burke road, purchased 1942, renamed Blamey House in 1957 until sold in 1977.
Stanhope Cnr Burke and Cotham Roads Kew, used from 1945, owned by the Red Cross until returned to them in 1981.
Blamey House Balcombe Road, Beaumaris, purchased 1947, sold 1956. Originally bought as a home for toddlers and children under 9 years old with money donated from Blamey House Trustees - who ran a servicemens' hostel in CBD in WW2.
Harelands 5 Willesmere Road Kew, purchased 1950, renamed Blamey House in 1978, until sold in March 1980.

Significance

A compilation of photos of some junior legatees in the Legacy residences.

Physical description

Black and white photo of a young man posing with his trophies at Holmbush pasted to the pages of an album.