Photo of an excursion to what is believed to be Blamey House in Beaumaris possibly in the 1940s or 1950s. The Beaumaris property had a swimming pool which looked very similar. It could be when junior legatees from the country came and stayed at Stanhope, Harelands and Blamey House for a summer holiday, while city children were escorted out to regional areas for a country holiday. Aerial view is a poor photocopy added for reference.
From a photo album which contains photos of Holmbush and some of the excursions and events that happened there, appears to have been put together in the 1940s. Including trips to the zoo and picnics.
Holmbush was one of the Legacy residences that housed junior legatees. Later Holmbush was renamed Blamey House. Summary of the four residences:
Holmbush 1267 Burke road, purchased 1942, renamed Blamey House in 1957 until sold in 1977.
Stanhope Cnr Burke and Cotham Roads Kew, used from 1945, owned by the Red Cross until returned to them in 1981.
Blamey House Balcombe Road, Beaumaris, purchased 1947, sold 1956. Originally bought as a home for toddlers and children under 9 years old with money donated from Blamey House Trustees - who ran a servicemens' hostel in CBD in WW2.
Harelands 5 Willesmere Road Kew, purchased 1950, renamed Blamey House in 1978, until sold in March 1980.
A compilation of photos of the junior legatees in the Legacy residences.
Black and white photo children of Holmbush at a swimming pool pasted to the page of an album.