Historical information

Photo of a girl that lived at Holmbush dressed for her wedding. The bridesmaid may also be a resident of Holmbush. The man in one photo is likely to be another resident.
If this bride was the same as in the newspaper article that was in the album, it gives the name of the bride as Lexie Curtin and the bridesmaid as Nora Southern. The groom was Dr John Ferguson who was also a member of Legacy for some years. The wedding was held at St Patrick's Cathedral.
Holmbush was one of the Legacy residences that housed junior legatees. Later Holmbush was renamed Blamey House. Summary of the four residences:
Holmbush 1267 Burke road, purchased 1942, renamed Blamey House in 1957 until sold in 1977.
Stanhope Cnr Burke and Cotham Roads Kew, used from 1945, owned by the Red Cross until returned to them in 1981.
Blamey House Balcombe Road, Beaumaris, purchased 1947, sold 1956. Originally bought as a home for toddlers and children under 9 years old with money donated from Blamey House Trustees - who ran a servicemens' hostel in CBD in WW2.
Harelands 5 Willesmere Road Kew, purchased 1950, renamed Blamey House in 1978, until sold in March 1980.

Significance

A compilation of photos of some junior legatees in the Legacy residences.

Physical description

Black and white photo x 4 of bride and bridesmaid at Holmbush and a newspaper clipping pasted to the pages of an album.