At the time the Charter was issued in 1960 Barbara Brown was Victoria's State Chief Ray and Dorothy Ward the State Superintendent and Graeme Speedy the Chief Director.
The Methodist Girls' Comradeship was formed in 1918 with the first Branch being in Bondi, NSW. There were three sections: Junior Rays, 8 - 11 years; Senior Rays, 11 - 15 years and Comrades, 15 years and over. The aims of the MGC was to "challenge young people with the saving power of Jesus Christ and provide avenues of christian service" and "to provide for the spiritual, social, physical and educational welfare of the members".
The MGC's motto was "The Utmost for the Highest".
Cream coloured Charter with blue and gold print and handwritten information. The Charter has been mounted on card.