Historical information
In 1954, the Croquet Club moved from behind the Mechanics Institute so new shire offices could be built. The offices were designed to be above flood level and included the council chambers, a president’s room, a public office, offices for the secretary and engineer, and a storage room. In March 1956, Thomas Maltby, the Minister for Public Works, officially opened Charlton’s new municipal offices in front of a large crowd of local people and guests.
Physical description
Standard black and white postcard.
Inscriptions & markings
The Rose Series P. 3041 THE SHIRE OFFICES, CHARLTON VIC.
Subjects
References
- Charlton Celebrating 150 years 1863 - 2013 ISBN/ISSN: 978-0-646-90168-8 Water, rates and roads p,36