Framed black and white photograph - Rails to Rubicon circa 1916
From the Collection of Alexandra Timber Tramway & Museum 17 Station Street Alexandra Victoria
- Wooden framed black and white photograph of a two foot gauge steel rail line from the mill sight to Alexandra. This locomotive, a Kraus, steam engine (year ?)is passing through Lower Rubicon. It hauls three carriages with timber and on the side of the rail there are open boxes. A wooden house on Gilmore's family property is halfway up the hill. The property shows signs of damage of the recent Goulburn River flooding in 1916. There is a hook in the top of the frame and writing on the bottom of the frame "Lower Rubicon 1916".
- 29.5 cm lengh x 24.5cm width
- 1916, cottage, rail, locomotive, train, floods, dead trees, two foot gauge, timber stacks, goulburn river floods, gilmore, lower rubicon, carriages, rubicon, kraus
- 1/1/1985 (estimated)
- Untitled (Maker)
- We have not statement of significance
- On bottom of the frame "Lower Rubicon 1916?" written with black texta colour pen in capital letters.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:11AM