Memorial Plaque - Pulpit Memorial Plaque
From the Collection of Mission to Seafarers Victoria 717 Flinders Street Docklands Victoria
- Rectangular shaped brass plaque mounted to side of wooden pulpit.
- brass, plaque, pulpit, chapel of saint peter, jane king haire
- In 1909, assistant Chaplain Rev. Haire presented the Mission with an 'uncommonly artistic pulpit' in memory of his mother. This pulpit sits in The Chapel of Saint Peter, which belongs to the State Heritage listed (H1496) Mission to Seafarers Victoria complex. The dedication was performed by the Archbishop of Melbourne on the 26th January.
- circa 1909
- To the greater glory of God and in ever loving memory of Jane King Haire. This pulpit is erected by her son. Blessed are the pure in heart. For they shall see God. St. Matt. V.8. 26.1.09
- 8 Jul 2018 at 6:04PM