From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Framed black and white photograph of large group of soldiers arranged in tiers in front of a two storey building.
- 515mm x 390mm x 20mm
- school of instruction, albury, williams ga
- In order to deal with the expected influx of trainees under the universal training scheme, courses were held to train instructors in regiments and batteries in the Riverina area. No 6 was held at Albury utilising the facilities of the Albury Show Grounds. Colour-Sergeant George A Williams, a citizen soldier, conducted a painting and decorating business in Albury. The building forming the background continued to be used for military purposes up to and including WWII (1939-45). The 2/23rd Battalion (Albury's Own) AIF was raised here in 1940. Following the war the Show Society moved to a larger site, the building was demolished and the whole site became part of The Scots School.
- Rare photograph of main pavilion at Albury Showground being utilised for military purposes in 1912. This building continued to be used for military purposes up to 1945 when the Showground moved to a larger site and the building was demolished.
- "No 6 Special School of Instn Albury 1912" and below photo: "Taken at the old Showground Young St Albury 1912. Back row, 5th from left: George Williams"; and "Photographer D Bennet next to Bank of New South Wales, Albury"
- 27 Feb 2018 at 6:06PM