Historical information

Photocopies of old photos from John McPhee of Conron Grange, Whittlesea.

Conron Grange was established by Robert and Mary Ann Armstrong in 1855 as part of the Wills Estate, they were tenant farmers to Wills, Mary Ann named the first house Conron Grange meaning "Pretty place with full barns". Robert was killed falling from a horse in 1863 leaving Mary-Ann with children aged 7, 5, 3, 2, and a baby aged 8 weeks. Mary Ann married James Johnston in 1867.

Conron Grange remained in the Johnston family until 1938 when John McPhee's parents bought it, it then remained in the McPhee name until John sold it in 2003.

Physical description

Photocopy of sepia photograph, A4 page, (5 of 20)

Inscriptions & markings

Typed note attached to the rear, Ford tractor and plough Gibson's River Street Whittlesea