The Glen Waverley Sub-Branch of the Returned Servicemen’s League, Victoria was formed on the 9th September 1950, when 25 Returned Servicemen met at the Mechanic’s Institute Hall (The Waverley Hall) Springvale Road, Black Flat.
In 1960, our name was changed from Glen Waverley Sub-Branch to the Waverley Sub-Branch, at the time the City of Waverley was created from the Shire of Mulgrave.
In 1963, an adjoining block of land was acquired and the first major expansion of our club rooms took place.
In 1968, Membership by this time, had increased to over 200 ordinary members.Membership now exceeds 4000.
Our collection of memorabilla items include Medals, Military Artifacts, Trench Art, Photographs,Commemorative items and Badges. For further information on any of our item- Click on the email enquiry link on this page.
R.S.L. Waverley Memorabilia Collection (1960)
Medals, Military Artifacts, Trench Art, Photographs,Commemorative items and Badges.