From the Collection of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists
- Glass breast pump with brass screw attachment and remnants of rubber pump.
- infant feeding
- Mary Howlett (1840-1922) began practising as a country midwife in 1866 in the western district of Victoria. She qualified as a 'ladies monthly nurse' in 1887 and continued to practise as a nurse and midwife until 1920. Mrs Howlett's midwifery box and contents were given to Dr Frank Forster and he donated to the museum collection in the 1993. A related item held in the collection is Mrs Howlett's linen apron donated by Patricia Thompson in 1993.
- 13 Jul 2018 at 2:25PM