These are parts of a vaginal douch apparatus set. The apparatus appears to be a T More-Madden model, as used at the Rotunda Hospital, Ireland.
Mary Howlett (1840-1922) began practising as a country midwife in 1866 in the western district of Victoria. She qualified as a 'ladies monthly nurse' in 1887 and continued to practise as a nurse and midwife until 1920.She began her six months training at the Melbourne Lying-In Hospital. She was known by many as 'Auntie', and her career spanned more than 50 years. Mrs Howlett's midwifery box and contents were given to Dr Frank Forster, and he donated them to the museum collection in 1993.
Black vulcanite bridge attachment (.1) and irrigator (.2). The bridge would attach to the rubber tubing of the set and a lead sinker, The bridge would attach to a stopcock at the proximal end of the set.